Friday, January 22, 2010

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats

Sometime last fall I bookmarked Ingrid's ( at the  3B's) recipe for Rice Krispie treats with Oreo cookies.  I made these for several reasons:  1.My family loves Rice Krispie treats  2. I am not a Rice Krispie treat eater   3. I could satisfy my need to make something awesome and  4. Not add more calories to my day, because remember I don't like Rice Kirspie treats.  Needless to say item 4 didn't  quite work out. These sweet chewy marshmallows bars  with  chunks of Oreo cookies mixed in were a big hit with everyone. Like Ingrid, I think that you need to be generous with the marshmallows.

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats
3 Tablespoons butter
 5-6 cups mini marshmallow, or more
6 cups Rice Krispies
Oreo cookies  broken into chunks, about 1/2 a package, no strict measurement required.

 In a large bowl  melt butter and marshmallow in the micro wave, stiring until mixed together.  Add the Rice Krispies and Oreo chunks stir to combine. Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Cut into bars of what ever size you want.




Blog awards:
It's so nice to receive awards from bloggers that I admire so much. Barbara at Barbara Bakes passed the Happy 101 award on to me. Barbara has  many great recipes on her blog  but perhaps the best thing on her blog is that picture of her smiling, it is such a warm welcome to anyone who visits.





The rules of the award are:

1. Copy the award image into a post.
2. List 10 things that make you happy.
3. Tag ten bloggers who brighten your day.
4. Put in a link to their blogs.
5. Notify the award receivers.
6. Recipients to link back to the sender's blog.

Ten thing that Make me Happy

 My Life
the next nine are part of number 1 and are in no particular order.
 God
 My family- husband and children
 My garden
 Friends
 My kitchen
 Baking
 Comments from other bloggers
 People enjoying my baking
The sunrise, sunset too.

Ten blogger that brighten my day:  ( please don't feel that you have to follow any of the above rules, I just like your blogs)
1.Celestial Charms
2.Chow and Chatter
3.Food for a Hungry Soul
4. Moveable Feasts
5.Sidewalk Shoes
6. Salad-in-a-Jar.
7.CULINARY MUSINGS
8. Fresh Local and Best
9. Baking and Boys!
10. The Cooking Photographer


Brandy at Nutmeg Nanny sent along the Sugar Doll award.  Brandy's blog is great fun and I haven't been disappointed by any of  her recipes that I've tried . There were rules for this award too, but just refer to the above!



Thanks You, Barbara and Brandy!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]